The Bartender will prepare and serve alcoholic and nonalcoholic beverages to patrons, take and enter food orders, oversee the stock of liquor and bar supplies, and collect money for drinks served.
- Receives orders from members, guests and waitstaff.
- Gets correct member numbers to charge appropriately. Fills out chits for members and members of other clubs accurately.
- Learns all accounting procedures for guest passes, other club charges etc.
- Makes correct change if there is a cash sale
- Prepares and serves liquor, mixed drinks, wine, beer, and nonalcoholic drinks as ordered , Per ECC standards
- Ensures that fruit and other garnishes are prepared ahead of the opening of the bar.
- Maintains the bar and keeps it clean and organized.
- Attractively displays glasses and liquor bottles.
- Keeps bar supplied with snacks.
- Ensures that customers are of legal drinking age by checking photo IDs.
- Collects money from customers for drinks prepared and served.
- Uses proper judgment and, when necessary, refuses service to patrons who are intoxicated or disruptive.
- Submits orders or creates requisition forms for liquor, beer, and other bar-related supplies.
- Extensive knowledge of drink preparation or service.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and focus on serving customers.
- Ability to remain calm when dealing with unruly and argumentative patrons.
- Ability to learn pos used by the Edina Country Club
- Cash accounting
Education and Experience:
- Completion of mixology, barkeeping, or other related training required.
- At least one year of related experience preferred.
- Certificate of Completion for any MN state alcohol related serve safe course
- Prolonged periods standing and preparing drinks.
- Ability to complete orders quickly and accurately.
- Must be able to lift at least 50 pounds.
- Must be legal drinking age or older.
Related Titles: None
Reports to: Beverage Manager; Restaurant Manager; Assistant Food and Beverage Manager; or Clubhouse
Supervises: No supervisory duties are included in this position.
- Minimum grade 12 education.
- One year of bartending experience.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Stocks bar and completes other pre-opening requirements.
- Prepares and serves alcoholic beverages according to standard recipes.
- Skilled at slowing and refusing alcoholic beverage service when necessary.
- Complies with basic safety and sanitation requirements.
- Good organizational skills.
- Basic knowledge of club’s POS system or comparable POS system preferred.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and daily club operations, including events and operating hours.
- Ability to read and understand Banquet Event Orders (BEOs).
- Ability to work large or small events with minimal supervision and in a team environment.
- Cleans bar and completes other pre-closing requirements.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Job Summary (Essential Functions)
Prepare, pour and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Requires knowledge of all aspects of mixology including food/wine pairings and wine presentation and service.
- Inspects the bar prior to opening to ensure that adequate supplies are available.
- Requests additional supplies as necessary and stocks the bar.
- Follows set-up procedures.
- Prepares garnishes, fruits mixes and pre-mixed drinks prior to opening bar.
- Greets members and guests.
- Mixes, prepares and serves drinks to members and guests and mixes and prepares drinks ordered
by food and beverage servers according to approved standard recipes.
- Collects checks and payments for drinks served.
- Reports complaints to a manager as they occur.
- Maintains and cleans bar area and equipment.
- Maintains records of liquors, beers and wine to ensure bar stock is maintained at all times.
- Cleans and locks the bar area according to prescribed closing procedures.
- Ensures that all food items are correctly stored, labeled, dated and rotated to prevent any health
or safety hazards from occurring, and takes precautions against possible spoilage.
- Attends staff meetings including pre-shift (line-up) sessions and training as required.
- Carefully follows all laws and club policies and procedures regarding alcoholic beverage service and informs manager if continued service to a member or guest is in question.
- Serves drinks to members and guests seated at lounge tables in the absence of a beverage server.
- Continually practices beverage and revenue control procedures.
- Thanks members and guests; invites them to return.
- Completes other appropriate work assignments as requested by supervisor.
Licenses and Special Requirements
- Alcohol beverage certification.
- Food safety certification.
- Of legal age to prepare and serve alcoholic beverages.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
- Required to stand for long periods and walk, climb stairs, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, stretch and twist or reach.
- Push, pull or lift up to 50 pounds.
- Continuous repetitive motions.
- Must be of legal drinking age.