Wait Assistant / Food Runner
Edina Country Club is now hiring part-time Wait Assistants and Food Runners!!
The Wait Assistant (Busser) is primarily responsible for assisting food servers in providing quality service to members and guests as well as clearing and resetting tables. This position is also responsible for all sanitation and health code requirements for wait assisting areas. Furthermore, this position will interact on a daily basis with other Club staff, members, and guests. He/she will need to work with a variety of personalities on a daily and ongoing basis.
- Is attentive to guests at all times and pays specific attention to tables Host is seating so that the appropriate amount of waters, bread/butter, etc. is brought to them.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience
- Previous wait assistant/bussing or serving experience is desired
- Ability to work with all personality types even in adverse situations
Mental & Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift at 25 – 100 pounds
- Maintains a professional appearance appropriate to position and as per Club policy
- Ability to climb on step stool or ladder in order to complete elements of the job or facilitate
- Bend, lean and stoop without hindrance
- While performing the duties of the job, the employee may be required to walk or stand for long periods of time, to climb, balance, reach, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
- While performing this job, the employee may be exposed to sunlight, heat, wet and/or humid conditions.
- Fine motor skills
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate situations, and take quick action
- Ability to manage multiple projects and recommend/implement effective solutions
- Excellent problem solving/decision making skills
- Ability to work independently and proactively in a fast-paced environment
The Food Runner assists servers by delivering completed and correct food orders to member and guests in all dining areas thereby allowing the servers the freedom to provide excellent service to the members. They are also responsible for assisting the Expeditor in assembling each order by checking each item for accuracy and ensuring appropriate condiments and utensils are present.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures all orders are made according to guests desires.
- Ensures all food items are accounted for according to the POS chit.
- Maintains detailed knowledge of menu, including preparation styles and plating.
- Understands the flow of service within the kitchen and can properly communicate needs from the FOH to the Expeditor.
- Understands the rotation of specials and features in each dining space.
- Memorizes all sections within the dining rooms, table numbers, and seat numbers associated with those tables.
- Understands tray and plate carrying protocol and adheres to best practices.
- Understands the “Sequence of Service” for both dining areas as a whole, as well as the food runner’s individual part in that sequence.
- Checks expiration dates and quality of opened bottles before service and during stocking.
- Ensures work area is stocked completely before and after every shift, always leaving your area set up how you wish it to be found for yourself.
- When stocking, proper security procedures are handled correctly to ensure that store rooms are locked properly after use.
- Ensures the correct handling and covering of food according to hygiene and health department regulations.
- Wears proper mandated PPE at all times.
- Maintains stock of proper PPE behind the bar and is continuously aware of all proper handling procedures.
- Maintains knowledge of club’s current Covid Preparedness Plan and where it can be found.
- Performs opening, running, and closing work assignments on time and fully every shift.
- Arrives to shift on time, in proper uniform, and attends Preshift every day.
- Understands proper clock-in and clock-out procedures – this includes timecards, tip sheets, and wellness sheets.
- Ensures work station and surrounding area are clean, sanitized, and disinfected properly according to health code guidelines for members at all times.
- Works in tandem with serving and kitchen staff to ensure food quality and timeliness.
- Maintain a professional, friendly relationship with members in order to create relationships and learn service style preferences.
- Refers to all members by appropriate name and title at all times.
- Establish and maintain positive relationships with members, guests, coworkers, and management.
- Takes pride in their work and strives to deliver best possible results.
- Earns the trust and respect of others through consistent honesty and professionalism.
Mental and Physical Requirements
- Work will require continuous standing and occasional sitting.
- Tasks involve regular and, at times, sustained performance of moderately physical demanding work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and crawling. This may involve lifting, carrying, pushing, and/or pulling of moderately heavy objects and materials (20-50 pounds).
- Some tasks require the ability to perceive and discriminate depths. Some tasks require visual perception and discrimination. Some tasks require oral communications ability.
- Tasks risk exposure to adverse environmental conditions, such as dirt, dust, pollen, odors, wetness, humidity, rain, fumes, toxic agents/chemicals, vibrations, bright/dim light, sun exposure and temperature extremes.
- Visual and auditory ability.
- Ability to climb on step stool or ladder to complete elements of the job or facilitate maintenance issues.
- Bend, lean and stoop without hindrance.
- Fine motor skills.
- Ability to prioritize, anticipate situations, and take quick action.
Candidates should apply via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at 5100 Wooddale Ave, Edina, MN 55424 or via fax at 952-927-7155. The Edina Country Club is an Equal Opportunity & E-Verify Employer.